Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Contributing to the Society

An aye or a nay? I've have lovely thoughts swirling in my mind these past few days. It's been two months since I quit work and usually by this time, I should be bored... except I'm not. I hate to admit it but it seems that country life grew on me and I am now hesitant to go back to the city and work.

 Lazing around, popping watermelon seeds and playing basketball with my brother, that's all I wanted to do. Gah. I'm such a dweeb!!!

Anyways, I got a couple of calls from two separate companies inviting me for an interview. Obviously, I'm not too happy about the idea of dragging my ass back to the metro and start yet again, contributing to the society. Being a bonafide bum is such a glorious, glorious experience.

As much as I wanted to go back and pick up where I left off, I'm afraid I'm way more settled with a more laid-back lifestyle. Also, the thought of leaving Joaquin behind tears me up. Two months ago, I would've given an arm or a leg, just to score another gig. Now, unfortunately, the much-busier lifestyle I used to lead lost its appeal on me.

So what if I'm fat, broke and fated to spend my dying days selling bolts and nuts? I don't give a shit.

Okay, maybe I do a little. I will try to find the motivation to go on. As for now, just... try not to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment