Wednesday, September 24, 2008

How to Lose Friends and Alienate People, Tina- Style

Things have been a little rough lately. I think the string of bad news got triggered by a little argument between me and that Boy last month. It's been bad news ever since and it's leaving me a bit frustrated about people in general. Dealing with people sure is difficult and if you happen to be the kind of person who's got a volatile temper, it's even worse. I remember an old office mate telling me something about his hate for people and at this point I share the same sentiment.


Speaking of which, the Ex-Best friend texted me this morning with a lovely quote that goes something like this:

"Do you know what's the mark of people worth keeping for the rest of your life? It's when you become impossible to deal with and yet they stay by your side"

Just when I thought it's impossible to be sweet and sardonic at the same time, she says something like this at 6 in the fucking morning. I wanted to respond and say something witty like, "You're the one to talk" or simply a heartfelt "Fuck You" but I knew the message hit closer to home. And that's it's six in the fucking morning.

Needless to say I ignored her and the message.



Actually, I've been meaning to tell her that all is forgiven but I never got around to talk to her, not even via text message. I'm not sure if it's because I can't stand seeing her in person or the fact that I'd feel uncomfortable catching up with her.

I don't know which is much worse, the fact that I'm fast becoming an expert at losing friends and alienating people or the fact that I'm okay with how things are going and have no plans of doing anything about it.

Another thing that is bugging me is that my new schedule, which I first thought to be awesome, is seriously kicking my ass. The traffic is unnerving, I'm overeating and time seems to drag ever so slowly. What made matters worse is that my old sideline went down the shitter yesterday and even though that dumbass assured us that it would only be temporary, I'm not too optimistic about it at all.

The timing is perfect too because I was meaning to buy me a new mobile phone by the end of this month and wouldn't you know it, all of my cash cow disappeared. Just. Like. Fucking. That.

I want to strangle somebody. Seriously, I want to strangle somebody and then start a month-long sabbatical just so I could get the fuck out of the hustle n' bustle and try to clear my mind from all of the bullshit.

Maybe I should just take my own fucking advice and not dwell too much on these things because things have a way of working out for the best. Heh, easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment