Thursday, September 24, 2009

Netbooks

hp-mini-5101-pr-2sb



I've been obsessing about the newest netbook HP came out with which is the HP mini 5101. It is sooOOoo gorgeous. I want to buy one for Christmas (as a reward for being an awesome person in general *guffaw*) but last time I checked (roughly about five seconds ago),  it hasn't reach the Pelepens shore yet.

It's so beautiful and it's only priced at like, 23 to 25K which is kinda cheap considering Tosh's netbook is being peddled at around 35k. The bestest thing of all, I heard that this one is packing some serious juice! Perfect!

I also fancy the idea that I can bring this baby anywhere I go. That's awesome because my work requires little web surfing and this means I can actually work... while having coffee somewhere, like a freakin' yuppie (God. I hate yuppies.). No, seriously, my new/old lappy weighs like a ton of bricks is a bit bulky to carry around . Try walking around Mega Mall while lugging this lappy with you and I swear you'd sever a vein... or a limb. In my case, my neck and collarbone felt like its on fire the entire time.

Do I sound like I'm justifying my tendencies to live beyond my means? I don't give a shit, I can dream, can't I?

Actually, I'm not in dire need of a new laptop because I just bought one last April but I have this constant fear that this one would crash anytime and every single article I did will burn in silicon hell and I'll be stuck mewling a lengthy explanation to my boss how I fucked everything up. In short, I want a backup laptop and since notebooks are waaay too pricey (mostly I just write stuff and surf about stuff, no major laptop needs there) for that, I'm settling for a netbook.Well, that and I want a new lappy that I can bring along whenever I'm out and about in the city.

I'm also contemplating on whether or not I should consider buying the up and coming Nokia 3G tablet instead of the 5101.

0082409_nokia_3g_netbook2


Again, I have yet heard of its official launch anywhere but there are videos about it. It's cute. I like that it has no sharp edges plus the specs are promising but I'm not too crazy about the color scheme. Just like Tosh, the designers couldn't seem to stick to one, uniform color for this model. The contrasting black and silver color-scheme is sort of borderline dweeb-ish.


Hahaha ang arte ko.


Anyway, here's to hoping HP would launch the newest addition to their laptop family soon so I could get by booger-ridden hands on it already!

No comments:

Post a Comment