Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fiesta in the Prabens

I was lucky enough to be here for this year's town fiesta. I thought this year seemed to be as unremarkable as the last however, we spent this fiesta in our new home.

The construction was finished late last year and it is our first time to spend the night. Admittedly, I was a bit wary of staying overnight since my brother's nanny, who spends a lot of time cleaning up the place, said something about ghostly apparitions and what-nots. But after sleeping in for a night, I found the place quite pleasant to be in. In fact, it was pretty awesome. We spent the whole day gorging ourselves till we pass out, getting acquainted with the place, marveling at the noisy view below and making chocolate pudding.

The new place had a great view of the fiesta parade. It was my first time in the 26 years that I lived in Paniqui to witness such lively spectacle and I'd be lying if I said that I didn't love the whole thing! I was surprised at the happy crowd mooning over the baton-toting majorettes, how seemingly united the townfolks looked as they stalked and oggled at the colorful floats while grabbing as much give-away candies as they could.

Despite the lack of personal guests (a fault on my part),  this fiesta is one that I won't soon forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment