Monday, March 2, 2009

Jurassic Tina

I turned a year older today. So far it's been... weird. I still can't believe I'm 26, my gosh! I'm practically ancient! I'm touched that people who are very much important to me remebered this day (was also mildly surprised that some people whom I thought doesn't know when my birthday is rang me up at seven in the morning, hahaha!). It was really surprising... a glaring reminder of how totally Jurassic I've become.

I'm not used to celebrating my birthday with a bang, really. Now, before I sound any more pathetic than I already do, lemme elaborate. Usually, I just ring up a few friends and celebrate by gorging ourselves with meat as soon as the sun sets. No noisy parties, beer bongs or shit like that. Damn right, I can come up with just about the most boring celebrations ever.

However, I plan on something a little different this year. I won't go into detail but it shoul be fun.

As always, my birthday almost coincides with our town fiesta and that means  going to the town fair every once in a while to check out the festivities and the hotcakes with my mom and my brother. So there we went and it was fun. Amidst the flurry of festivities, I was deep in thoughts. I noticed that I wasn't as hyped up this time as I used to as a kid and that really saddened me a bit. I missed the days when, as a child, everything was magical. Every nook and cranny held wonderful surprises and the world was a mystery waiting to be unraveled. Seeing how ecstatic Joaquin was that night, I wished I could still relate completely to his child-like views of everything. That would be lovely.

But of course, that would be asking too much. I just wish I could turn back time and not hurry myself to grow up. Ghad.

On a lighter note, I am now an official... voter! Woooot! Yeah, like, totally! Yesterday, I went to the Comelec office here in Paniqui and formally arranged things so that come 2010, I can exercise my right to choose the next leader of this sordid, sordid country. Okay, the thing was, I was after the I.D. because I really need all the valid I.D.s I could get my hands on but I was dismayed to learn that it'll take a full year before I can get one. Go fucking figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment