Friday, June 20, 2008

Rain and The City

So I bumped into the Ex-Bestfriend a couple of days ago. She looked good though, she got thinner and she's wearing a brand new pair of green chucks which I approve. You can bet that I'm having mixed feeling about our brief meeting. However, I've been indulging way too much into this whole mess and I resolve not to be totally miserable about it. Maybe if I don't think about it too much, it'll go away on its own. HAH! I didn't like how Rhae giggled while I was talking to the Ex-Bestfriend. It got to me more than the fact that I actually saw my ex-bestfriend. I know she meant to be funny about it but that was not a good time to laugh about the situation. I'll just let it go.




Also, I've been caught in the rain for two straight days. Even my soul got wet. Now that didn't sound right but that I got pissed when my sage green Chucks got wet, it almost broke my heart. I decided to come to the office wearing flip-flops and/or my new croc sandals. As much as I hate wearing slippers everywhere except my bedroom and I hate the idea of buying a ridiculously expensive pair of crocs just so I can prance around the metro with my jeans and feet wet, I had to. Thank God I had this old pair of Havs my sister gave me. Who knew this shit would come in handy?

Also, I accidentally* listened to Jeff Buckley's song, I Know It's Over. I discovered that the only perfect time to listen to a Jeff Buckley song is when you're too distracted to actually pay attention. Otherwise you'd either start bawling like a bitch or would run to the nearest body of water to drown yourself. He is so melodramatic that any good feeling you might be feeling the minute you woke up will be vanquished as soon as you hear any of his songs. And I used the word "vanquished" loosely. So why did I bring this up? Because as soon as I heard the following lyrics, I felt like Jeff was behind me and screaming out these words in my general direction.

"If you're so funny, then why are you on your own tonight?"
"And if you're so clever then why are you on your own tonight?"
"And if you're so very entertaining then why are you on your own tonight?"
"And if you're so very good looking, why do you sleep alone tonight?"
I know, because tonight is just like any other night,
That's why you're on your own tonight,
With your triumphs and your charms,
while they're in each other's arms,
It's so easy to laugh it's so easy to hate,
it takes strength to be gentle and kind,
over and over and over.


WTF, right? Jeff, you fucken asshole. How the hell did you know about this?! How?! How?! DAMN YOU!!! *flees the room, screaming like a banshee*

*Forgot to push >>| Button

3 comments:

  1. You just appreciated one of the most harrowing and heartfelt songs in the history of mankind. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry i was such a cunt.. Its just that its... Funny... You know how easily irony cracks me up

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Benny and Rhae: Whuuuut? You guys still reading this shit?!

    ReplyDelete