Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Retarn Op Da Kambak: It's Ulcer, bitches!

The Ulcer returned witha vengeance. I was dead to the world at one in the morning when it struck me wide awake. The last time I had a very painful attack was four years ago when I was still slaving away at ABS-CBN. It's weird that for a person who loved nothing more than to stuff her face off, I acquired this kind of illness. It's ironic when you come to think about it.

Twitching in pain, I took three antacids that did nothing to ease the pain, my sister forced me to drink Nai Cha (Milk Tea) to neutralize the acids and when that didn't work, my sister was kind enough to rush me to the nearest hospital because she got tired of hearing me bawl like a bitch at the dead of the night.

The doctors confirmed what I already know. I got chided for dieting, not eating breakfast, drinking coffee and smoking. The worst thing was they wanted me to quit drinking coffee. I would've understood perfectly had they tried making reasonable suggestions instead. Like, oh, I don't know, quit smoking but nooo it had to be the coffee. Naturally, I can't do that. I'm not exactly thrilled at the prospect of spending the rest of my life in a mingraine-like haze, thankyouverymuch. At the very least, I forced myself to eat half a hash brown and one hopia this morning for breakfast.

I also discovered the magic of Hot Compress. It was awesome, really. I never really believed in the whole Hot Compress thing until that night when I put the compress on my stomach and the pain melted away. I gotta buy me some of those.

Also, I'm stuck popping pills to "heal" my innards and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment