Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Wistfully Old and Gray

I just had the most curious day! My baby brother is currently studying in the same (pre) school that my sister and I attended to eons twenty years ago.To be honest, I almost forgot how fun it was back then. Setting foot on my old school brought back those happy times.

Today, I dropped him off to school myself and I stumbled upon my old kindergarten teacher, who, amazingly, still remembers me down to my last name even after a couple of decades already passed! It was really thrilling!

As a child, I've always been fond of Teacher Sionni because she's a real sweetheart and seeing her now was a really pleasant surprise.The experience made us both feel wistfully old and gray but it was great that we still both remember each other.

Can you imagine that? Twenty years has passed since I scuttled along those hallways with my sister, handing out yemas, leeching off candies while trading exaggerated banters with my class mates!

Twenty fucking years. My God, it was that long?

No comments:

Post a Comment