Friday, May 15, 2009

Dark Times Ahead


I was feeling blue yesterday. There were so many things changing this year alone and because of that,
I’m afraid the blues are back. I met up with my good friend yesterday and had a very somber discussion ranging from my stupid laptop that broke for no reason down to the new gig. It was fun but I think our legendary get-togethers are practically numbered now that she is about to leave in the coming days. Yep, I still feel sad about that. So sad in fact that I IM-ed an old friend and asked if we could meet up. I just needed to see another familiar place just to cope with the stress and everything. Turns out he had bigger problems.

He never made it to our little meeting. His dad, as it turns out, was dying that night.


I just got word that his dad just passed. I feel really bad for Paeng because he’s the eldest and both of his siblings haven’t graduated yet while his mom is a housewife. That meant with the death of his dad come this humongous responsibility. I can only imagine what he’s going through right now.


For the first time in three months, I made contact with the Angels.


I read Rene’s blog about the Golden Year of The Angels and it made me miss the good ol’ days. I miss everything about it, Iweb, the after-shift inuman, the petty spats, out of town trips, the Christmas parties, and the dirty inside jokes. Hell, I even miss the raids, hehehe! Those days are long gone now that we all work in different companies. We had to check each other’s schedule just for a quick get-together, it’s totally ridiculous.


Who would’ve thought that we’d get spend time together, for the first time in months, on a wake?



No comments:

Post a Comment