Wednesday, March 5, 2008

When Prince Charming Turns Out To Be Just Another Toad in the Pond

Some of you may remember an unbearably-emo blog post I wrote about a certain guy I've been crushing on since college entitled "About a Boy", which by the way, I completely forgot about until a friend mentioned the post to me three days ago and when I re-read the post, I was aghast to discover how much it revealed personal things/emotions I'd normally wouldn't even write about much more post for everyone to read but against my better judgment, I did and I was sorry. So, I deleted the post.

Before I go on, lemme give you a less detailed summary of the story: Girl was a fat geek in college who's crushing on popular guy (let's call him Flyboy) but Flyboy wouldn't even give fat geeky girl a second glance until years later, when she's all thin and schiz. Geeky girl was sure there's gonna be some sort of "spark" with Flyboy cuz, she convinced herself he's the purrr-fect male specie on the face of the planet. The end.

Well, that's pretty much the gist of the story.

Anyway, I finally went out for dinner with Flyboy and boy, oh boy, it was a may-jah letdown.To be fair, it's not the guy's fault, I probably was just expecting way too much because I sure as fucking hell didn't see the excruciating boredom that smacked me right in my freakishly pale mug!

Half an hour of spending time trying to talk to him about something we both can relate to (and there wasn't much, believe me) Flyboy practically bored me to tears! It took a Herculean amount of self-control to keep a straight face and restrain myself from screaming "JesusFuckingChristOnAFuckingPogoStick, Shut the fuck up!!!" for everyone to hear.

What made matters worse (other than being late and talking about himself non-stop) was he brought his mobile phones with him and kept apologizing every time a client calls him up. It was infuritatingly retarded, I tell you.

After much deliberation, I came up with three theories that would explain the insufferable dullness that left the right hemisphere of my brain catch fire:

A) I've matured and have finally gotten over my girlish infatuation
B) I've been hanging out with crazy folks (crazy but brilliant set of peeps, make no mistake) lately that he paled in comparison OR...
C) He's always been an obnoxious and boring motherfucker but I somehow missed out on that because I was blinded by his obvious hotness.

Well for all it's worth, I'm actually glad the "thing" happened because now we both realized we have absolutely nothing in common and we can stop wasting each other's time.

The Penguin phantasm is dead as dodo and I feel strangely fine.


6 comments:

  1. Wow good for you...akalain mo yun? narealize mo na nagmature kna? hahaha=) happy kasi narealize mo din na hindi kaypo...i dunnow kung cia din ung guy u told me before eh. And nice new blog look=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah it's the same guy... I think. Salamat sa papuri ng skin, si Feetur po ang gumawa nyan and not me :D Although I heard sabog daw header ko kung wide-screen ang monitor na gamit. Ang importante nababasa pa din... and world peace! wakekekeke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. shit screen ko yun wide
    sino nag chismis sayo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aheheheh! Si Bry po ata :D Oks lang yan sa isang buwan iibahin naman talaga namin ang skin na yan eh hopefully it won't be as fucked-up. Di ata kasi ma-fix yung problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something you will learn in life. Most good-looking men, especially the young ones, are self-absorbed, cloying, narcissistic, derivative and boring. Most good-looking women I know are also incredibly insecure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yez, now I know but I wonder why is that?

    ReplyDelete