Sunday, October 18, 2009

At Last!

It wasn't planned. I was supposed to go back to the city to visit my sister, buy my mom a birthday gift and meet up with old friends (which I failed to go to). I told myself I won't buy it until December. However, when I got there, there's a three-day sale on Mega and guess what! He was on sale!!!


Of course, I fought the compulsion to buy  it and instead focused my energies on collecting various leaflets and catalogs from competing gadget retailers (some sort of reading materials, I guess). The next day, I made plans to meet up my sister on Mega and braved the mall-wide sale. I showed her the netbook of my dreams. The unthinkable happened... she egged me on to buy it. I told her I was going to wait it out until December but she said there's no point in waiting especially since it's on sale now. Well that, and it costs only a little over my current mobile phone.


I blacked out and next thing I knew, I was withdrawing money. I, quite literally, emptied the ATM machine to the chagrin of the girl behind me. I made a beeline to the Toshiba center, made eye-contact to the salesman, which incidentally happens to be the same guy who coaxed me to buy the same unit a day before but my will power was well... powerful then, and he asked, without batting an eyelash, "What color?"


I breathlessly replied "Sable brown, please".


IMG000008


Me and Tosh


Cue in the music:




So there. I've road-tested the little bugger yesterday and so far, things are looking extremely excellent. I'm not too crazy about the minuscule tab button, the puny 3-cell battery (which I will replace with a 6-cell batt early next year when it will be available) and the touch pad which lags off every now and then (I'm actually pretty aware of this problem way before cuz a lot of owners are complaining about it but I ignored that little glitch because I don't use touch pads anyways). But overall, it's awesome.


Hey, nobody's perfect after all :D

No comments:

Post a Comment