Friday, October 2, 2009

Sitting Tight

First off, I just got back from the city and as expected I spent most of my time tidying up our apartment, doing loads of laundry and touching wet things. Oh, don't get me started on wading through knee-deep city muck, it was one the most disgusting things I ever had to go through. I had flashbacks of rainy nights as a college student, being forced to walk from Morayta to Dapitan in knee-deep flood water with shoes on my right hand and my sodden backpack in the other. Except this time, the water is tons smellier and murkier.

It was a nightmare but I seriously think we lucked out. A lot of people lost their belongings, houses and  lives even and we got off with only a few inches of flood water, I'm relieved. For now. You see, I got an urgent sms from a friend telling me (and everyone he knows) to stock up and brace ourselves for this. Apparently, this super typhoon is just as strong as U.S.'s hurricane Katrina and lawrd, I'm nervous. So nervous in fact that I literally placed almost all electric appliances we had on higher ground. Unfortunately, our refrigerator was too heavy to lift, hahhah!

Anyway, it's barely a week after Ondoy, how can city folks possibly prepare for something as huge as this? I wish we all get off lucky this time, we really need it.

So after that, I saw this and heard about this. Now tell me, is it just me or is Mother Nature pissed over something we don't know about? Cuz she hasn't been subtle about her displeasure these past few days, maybe it's time we reflect on what the fucking hell is up. Oh, also, I just read about this, sure it has nothing to do with the batshit crazy weather but it's riveting, to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment