Saturday, October 17, 2009

Just... ranting

To buy or not to buy, that is the question. The truth is that as stoked as I am about the prospect of owning yet another laptop, I can't help but feel that maybe I'm jumping the gun on this one. I mean, sure I have a job right now but what's stopping my boss from laying off my ass in maybe a month or two? Then what?

Gasp! That would be insane!

But you know, that's the problem with home-based work, one day you harvesting your crops on Farmville while writing a gut-wrenching article about the benefits of Pay-Per-Click campaigns (bzooorrcxxxzzzsss....) the next, poof! You're a bum. Usually, I don't mind being a bum. In fact, bumhood, I believe, is an art. An art that though I have yet to master, I have learned to love, respect and what the hell am I talking about?

No seriously, I don't mind being a bum because I've always been such a lazy fuck that work and slacking off are pretty much the same thing to me so being  a bum right now won't make much of an impact in my life. But imagine for a sec, if I buy a laptop in December only to lose my job on the first quarter f next year I'd end up with two freakin' lappy.

Sometimes I'm really tempted to ask my boss if there's a remote possibility that I'd be fired in over the next six months. Not that he gave me any reason to think he will (in fact, I'd say he's pretty satisfied with my performance), mind you. I'm just being paranoid as usual I'm just thinking about my future. Listen, the only reason why I wanted another laptop is because I wanted something light enough to carry around malls when I'm out shopping having a netbook allows me to work while I'm out somewhere and I won't be stuck carrying my bigass main machine. So what's the point of getting one if I'll just lose my job in a few months?

So there. I'm in such a pickle! I want to buy me a netbook, like, right now but if I'm going to shell out PhP30k+++ I want to make sure that my job can hold up at least until the later part of next year. But my mind is always filled with useless trivia that are directly related on the specs of Toshiba NB200, it's driving me insane! I swear, I read almost all the product reviews about it out here on the web, it's a full-blown obsession. I'm really, really fighting the impulse to buy one and since I'll be back in the city tomorrow,you can bet that I'll spend most of my time lurking around Cyberzone.

Wish ko lang di ako uuwi ng may bitbit... hehehehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment