Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Baby, I Love Your Way

When a friend and an esteemed colleague of mine dropped some knowledge on me regarding HP Mini's uh... short-comings, I was crestfallen. Especially after just finding out that the unit is now available here in the Philippines a day before.


So I did a lot of research and even asked enlightenment somewhere. I finally stumbled on answers after typing in "HP Laptops Sucks" on Google. The information I got was staggering! One notable article I read was this one. It addressed my problem directly. After reading tons of forums, I was convinced that I should decide against buying the mini and stop this obsession once and for all. I know what you're thinking, you're thinking "go get a life" "Of course you will see a lot of HP flak, you freakin' typed the word HP Sucks on it, dumbass."


Wrong.


There are actually a lot of websites dedicated solely on dissing HP lappies. Here's the clincher, "HP actually advised us against puchasing the consumer HP/Compaq Pavillion line of products. Never touched one, never will." (comment made by some guy who used to work for a reseller of corporate HP PCs). Did you see that? Even HP hates their own shit! People are angry out there!


Toshiba-Mini-NB200


Anyway, I have moved on. This would explain the seemingly lost sexy lappy pic above.


I believe I haven't introduced him, his name is Toshiba NB200 also goes by the name NB205 in the U.S, we met online and after getting to know each other for while, we're in-love. Yes, I'm leaving you. We are so done. I know, I said I love you... but I lied.


Hahaha! Okay, enough fooling around. Since my new/old M800 Tosh is solid and works fine despite having trouble with it at the beginning, I had it replaced and it's been working like a dream ever since. So I know firsthand that this brand is kinda great so why not get another one.


First off, the specs of the NB200 is sorta the same with every single netbook in its league but the difference is that it's tons cuter. Also, back when I was doing research on this model, I stumbled upon a forum where someone said she attended the live review of the model as it was launching somewhere in Asia (I failed to take note where exactly) and they did drop tests. Everyone in the room was allowed to drop this beautiful piece of sexy and it didn't even leave a dent on the chassis. Oh yes, it was working fine even after several torture. So I watched a couple of video revs and read through online revs such as this and I have to say I was sold when I read this: "we had no problems streaming video at full screen or working with several applications (Firefox 3, Microsoft Works, and Skype) simultaneously."


That's basically all the applications I use and knowing that the performance was snappy despite simultaneous apps going on, I have to say the search is over. The downside is that it is a bit pricey at Php 29k. And it comes bundled with a puny 3-cell battery. Of course, I can always buy a six-cell batt but that would cost me so damn much. Nevertheless, I am going to start saving up today. This means I will not be able to attend any out of town trips and such. Which fine because these days, the only company I keep is reduced to a couple of household appliance and this shiny laptop of mine, hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment