Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Bookworm-ish Tendencies

I find it weird that everyone here in the office knows me as Tina Lee. I mean, Tina would do plus when I was in college everybody called me "Lee" Nakakatawa lang na sa work, buong pangalan ko ang sinasabi. Sampol: The gay dude at the pantry calls me Tina Lee and I was a bit taken aback. He was like, "Tina Lee, nilaga yung sayu no?" Medyo natawa lang ako ng konti. Or yung shawarma guy sa pool area, "Kay Tina Lee daw itlog tapos bacon... kayo po yung Tina Lee, di ba?" Hahaha! Ok lang naman kahit tawagin ako ng buong pangalan ko. Hell, you can even call me Boornickers and I wouldn't really mind. Nakaktawa lang kasi pwede namang hindi.

I seem to be reading a hell lotta books these days. Just recently I finished John Steinbeck's East Of Eden. It's one cool read, I loved it to bits! Parang gusto ko din ma-experience ang Salinas Valley from which the story took place.

I will then proceed on reading his other literary masterpieces such as Grapes Of Wrath, Of Mice and Men and The Pearl. The cooler part is, my sister loaned me all these books to read! I lovez itz! Right now I'm just about done reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, which by the way, fucking rocks, pare. I swear to God, kinikilig ako sa mga interactions ni Lizzy Bennet and Mr. Dah-cy!

It's a cryin' shame that I'm a fast-reader cuz I want to savor the book. So now I'm trying to slow down kasi patapos na sha and I really, really, want to not finish too soon.

I've watched the movie but being the bookworm-ish dork that I am, I feel na minsan Hollywood kept raping the goodness out of a good book and you're left with this hideous, glittery, shiny, over-hyped... thing. Which makes reading so much funner, doncha think? But I must admit Matthew MacFadyen gave an awesome performance plus he's so hot *drool*

Hay, kilig me.

2 comments:

  1. girl with a pearl earringDecember 12, 2007 at 8:51 PM

    tina lee! worth it basahin yang east of eden? ive been meaning to read it for the longest time. hindi ba kakaantok? do i have to have a dictionary beside me to understand some jurassic words?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only God Can Judge MeDecember 13, 2007 at 1:16 AM

    Kala ko rin kakaantok pero the story rocks, dear :D Kahit wag nang dictionary okay na ang thesaurus, bweheheheh!

    ReplyDelete