Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Paghahasik ng Lagim sa Vigan: Pictures and Schiz

Well the holidays came and went so fast, no? Usually I'd join the rest of my blogger friends and would try to either, enumerate my New Year's Resolution (only have one: Quit Smoking) or try to reminisce about my personal highs and lows during the past year except I didn't do anything life-changing as I've already mentioned one blog ago. Instead, I'll bore you using pics from my recent adventure up north.

To celebrate the end of 2007, I went on a back-packing trip to Vigan and it was fun and schiz! Okay, I must admit that I wasn't exactly thrilled at the idea of not feeling my ass for 9 hours or the fact that we don't know shit about the place (although we armed ourselves with not one, not two but three maps) but I did it and I'm glad I came. Here are the pics:







 

Vigan is wonderful, I love everything about it! More than reliving a bygone era, the place rocks. The people are generally nice (except for that old crone from Pagudpud. I hate her. She sucks.), the view iz the shit and the food was deliscioso!

Okay, I have a confession to make, I came because of the food. Sue me.

As a child, I've been surrounded by Ilocanos long enough to learn that they know how to get things done in the kitchen. If y'all haven't been or are planning a trip to Vigan, you might want to check out the longganisa, the pipian and the empanada (fuck sinanglao, it tastes just like a regular papaitan dish anyways)! I repeat: try the empanada, you won't be disappointed. It's delish plus, it's cheap as shit so that always sounds good to me.

After we went to Vigan, we decided to check out Pagudpud but I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Being away from work in a while I'm kinda sorry to be back here in the city. I mean it's nice to see familiar faces again, forcing myself to eat just half a cup of rice for lunch and dinner cuz I got horribly fat during the holidays (No breakfast, no merienda. It's funner to die of Ulcer, I always say), learning how everyone spent the holidays, amusing myself with the usual office chatter like I used to but I find it slightly unsettling to feel the same restlessness creeping in, the same kind that drove me up north in the first place. Hay, I'm hoping it's because everyone are still on vacation mode at nakakagaya lang ako.

I gotta say though, I got a lot of "interesting gifts" last Christmas and just for kicks, I'll show you the most notable gift I received and it's from my good friend, Rebel Hunt of The Geek Revolution:


I shit you not, my friend. Now in order to properly do a Paris, all I need is a bloated ego, hahahaha! Oh, wait...

3 comments:

  1. Deym, vigan empanada is soooooo good! Gusto ko rin, gusto ko rin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus, Tina. You look like one of those Korean tourists. You don't blend in the background. :-) But it's nice that you look happy. I would never be fucking happy riding a bus for nine fucking hours and doing fucking nothing. :-)

    BTW, if you want to lose weight, swim and don't eat rice anymore. Just stick to greens and lean meats. Ako, when I took a hand in reducing 2 years ago, I imagine that the lettuce is rice and that I eat more of it kasi it's my emotional replacement for rice. But then, loom at me now. I'm a fucking pig! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ody: I know! At PhP25 a pop, it's not so bad no?

    @Paratwa: Funny you should mention about blending in, nung nasa Vigan kami ang unang sinabi ng ate ko: Kahit anung mangyari, walang aamin na turista tayu ha! Kunwari alam natin ang pasikut-sikut sa Vigan! Good luck naman eh kahit Ilocano di kami marunong di ba?! Hahahahha!

    ReplyDelete