Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Hasty Exit

I'm sitting here in an obscure net shop wearing the rattiest set of garb known to man. Since I'm too sick to report to work today, I was stuck at home broiling in our heated room which bored me shitless so I dragged my ass out here, bought some drugs and felt a little contemplative. I'm high on paracetamol, by the way.



Last night, me and my partner in crime, Rhae, decided to check out another company where another friend is currently employed. The offer was good and the last thing I heard was we passed the exams and are well on our way to be hired. I should be happy and I am, somewhat. My ego is happy, that's fer sure.

However, I got a little sad too. My present company rocks and it's tearing me inside to leave my friends behind. It just struck me as too... sudden.

I should be struck by lightning with that statement because it was my bright idea to leave Iweb in the first place and I feel bad Rhae was forced to join me on my misery. Granted, I've been planning my resignation for quite some time now but doesn't really have plans on doing a hasty exit. What sealed my decision was the fact that my boss has become unreasonably unbearable these past few weeks. He went Neo-Nazi on our asses two weeks ago and doesn't show any signs of letting up. Bleah.

Funny thing was, my second anniversary is only two months away. Two fucking years and I'm throwing it all away. My current position which I worked so hard for, my friends, the admin people who helped me out, the gift certs, the familiarity of my work place, the peace of mind of knowing the company is doing its best to keep its employees happy and the hugeass ashtray swimming pool.

Just. Like. That.

I suddenly grew a conscience and I hatez itz.

No comments:

Post a Comment