Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Leaving a Mark

A day before April Fool's Day, I headed to the UP area, accompanied by friends, to get a tattoo. A few days before that, I have friends and family alike, talking me out of it and I must admit that I came close on wussing out... again, which made me glad I was able to summon up the courage to take the inky plunge.


Stone sober, mind you. Personally, the process of getting a tattoo is a very, very painful ordeal and probably not for the faint of heart. Most especially if you chose to not drink a drop of alcohol to dull the pain. It was so bad I was actually trembling... and sweaty. But I did it and I'm glad that now, I have something that sets me apart from the rest of my fellow human beings.



When everything was over and done with, I have friends asking me what's the motivation behind doing what I did or what's the meaning behind the tattoo design I chose to which I would impishly albeit, truthfully quip a simple "Nothing."

Why must there always be a reason behind everything we do? Is it really strange to do things because it makes us happy, no matter what the consequences may be? This is one reason I have yet to learn but I'm getting there, believe me.

For the record, the design has little relevance to the real reason why I got a tattoo. Rather, theimportant thing for me was, the act of getting one. In case you missed it, I did a lot of thinking during the Holy Week and realized that, life, is indeed too short to worry about trivialities.

I needed changes in my life and I needed to remember the day of the rude awakening. A little reminder to live a little.

And so, as they say, the rest is history.

No comments:

Post a Comment