Thursday, April 1, 2010

Adobong Pata


What's in it:

Half a kilo pig leg

Minced garlic

Minced onions

Paprika

6 tablespoon soy sauce

5 tablespoon apple cider vinegar

1 cup water

2 bay leaves

Crushed pepper

Salt

Sugar

How To Cook:

1) Put on great music to set the mood. I listened  to Jeff Buckley's "I Know It's Over" to make an already depressing day even more depressing.

2) Put all ingredients in a pot. Adjust the taste and stuff. Simmer for an hour

3) Drain and set aside the liquid.

4) Fry the pig leg until they are browned on all sides

5) Add the sauce to the fryer and simmer for another ten minutes

6) Stare longingly because surprise! It's good Friday and you are not supposed to eat pork, yo!

Taste Test:

This recipe is actually my second attempt at it. The first time, I added like, 3/4 cup of cider vinegar because that's what the recipe dictates. I realized too late that the amount of pork in it versus the amount of pork in the recipe don't match. Me and the rest of my house ended up smelling like vinegar. I took a sip of the sauce and well, it turned out better than I expected. It's on the sweet side, which I hate. I know I should balance this out with vinegar but I don't want to put too much, it might ruin everything.

I might not cook anything anytime soon but for my first adobo, this is a great turn out.It looked and somewhat tasted like what adobos should.

How'd I do:

On a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the highest I’d say 2.5. Because I cheated. Did this without the onions because I was too lazy to buy it some.

No comments:

Post a Comment