Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter

The good news is that Jesus conquered death. Bad news is, I'm nursing a hang over.

The Angels had a get-together last night. We watched How To Train Your Dragon (which was a spectacular film, by the way), drank beers and traded jokes until the wee hours of Easter morning. It was one of those rare moments where I actually had fun. These days, I do not have too many opportunities at fun and I embraced the comforting lull of food, friends and alcohol completely. I wish we could do that more often.

Incidentally, I created a short-term plan, one that I hope would rescue me from this dud of a life I lead. I plan to leave all my home-based work behind in three months and resolve to work in a real office again. Kapre summed it up precisely when he said home-based work is driving him insane. Sometimes I love being insane but there are forms of insanity that are just too boring for words and this is the insanity that I've been dealing for months. Of course, I do not regret working in a home-based setting, I just regret not having fun while at it.

So there. Hopefully, I can stop being greedy and start living a little.

In other news, the new neighbor is starting to try my patience. Well, it wasn't really much of a big deal but sometimes I wonder why some people are so crass. The neighbor asked me nonchalantly if he could use my credit card to get himself a new computer. To a person who owed me nearly 10 grand and leeching off my cable line, I think that was just asking too much, don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment