Monday, April 26, 2010

All Apologies


A couple of years ago, I had a fight with a good friend over something that is a mystery to me even now.I believe I didn't write anything about the guy in this site. So here's the dope:


He got mad over something. I apologized to him even though I was unsure what it is that made him mad. He not only rejected my apology, he also started another fight. I decided to not contact him ever. I felt bad because he was such a good friend but I didn't bother clearing the air because I was confused on the thing that bought on the fight to begin with and I was offended that my apology was not accepted.


Of course, some people who think they know the real story behind it kept insisting that I did something terrible to this person. It's infuriating at times, you know? To be honest, I resented those people simply because they think once they heard one side of the story then that explains everything. The worse part is that they keep bringing it up. Maybe they think it's funny or they want make me feel shitty about it, I don't know. I just hate it. It's not a matter of my feeling being hurt over certain accusations but it seems to me that I was made to look like I didn't do anything to pacify the situation. Well I felt guilty nonetheless. I thought, hey, if they think you did something terrible then maybe it's true, you just don't know it because it's not like you are the most sensitive person around, you know?


To be fair, my behavior in the past did nothing to make them think otherwise. I guess I'm just fed up with people who automatically points their finger at the usual suspect because well, it's convenient. It's so lacking in imagination.


So last week, I had a set up meeting with Kapre and our discussion turned to this very subject. Actually, the guy earned my respect that very night because he was much more deep than he lets on. Well, I had suspicions that he is deep but I never really had an honest talk with the guy ever.


He asked me what happened and I jogged my memory about it. I knew there were more to it than just the stupid camera but I just can't quite put my finger on it. Normally, the guy was pretty easy-going and I was flabbergasted to find out that he didn't accept my apology considering we've been friends for a while and instead provoked another fight which just made things worse.


I won't go into details but he saw the situation in an entirely different light. His theory turned out to be be very accurate. He said I should've taken the higher road and during those times I thought I did. But apparently, the road I took was not high enough. So for the second time, I apologized about the thing. Well, this scenario was the same exact thing that it was two years ago, the only difference is, nobody's mad anymore. I was actually very curious to find out what really made the guy act the way he did but the guy said he cannot remember the real reason why he acted the way he did. Tch.


But Kapre has his theory and based on the email I received, I think Kapre is right on the money.


Case closed.



No comments:

Post a Comment