Friday, August 31, 2007

Fatalities On The War Of The Ratings

Kids, I'm warming up on my acceptance speech and it will be up probably on Monday (Be warned, it's a long one. Explanation comes after I post it). If anyone is laughing because I'm taking the whole "Buffering Blog Award" thing seriously, all I can say is: Laugh all you want, but I'd still be milking this shit for a long, long time. To give justice to the award I just won, enjoy these videos. Oh, thanks to Lui for giving me the links for these. It's Joey De Leon of Eat Bulaga! (exclamation point theirs, not mine) vs Willie Revillame of Wowowee (stupidity of the noontime show title theirs, not mine)
The flame that ignited the little incident:



As you can see, there seems to be something amiss with Wowowee's 2 million jackpot prize!


The next video you're gonna see is that of Joey giving it a go at Willie:



The third video is of Willie, tearfully firing back at Joey's allegations:


Now, it's been a long time since I watched any of these noon-time shows but coming from a person who briefly worked on one of these broadcasting stations I'd say, clearly it's just War Of The Ratings. It's been like that then and from the looks of it, pretty much still going on today. And just so you know, the two million thing has always been a scam. Everybody knows it but nobody really says anything about it.

The Stampede Incident and the cover-ups that went with it was unforgivable enough. People who ought to be jailed got away with barely a scratch on 'em. Exploiting poor people and reducing them into a bunch of dancing monkeys who would eagerly do cart-wheels for a dollar or two, all for the glory of higher ratings and the entertainment of the foreigners. It's disgusting. Dunno about Eat Bulaga's case though.

But it gets so out of hands sometimes that they resort to bad-mouthing each other on-air. I don't approve any of these things since I've been on more that one occassion, got attacked online. It's the coward's way but of course that's another story. Bottom-line, it's just ridiculous how grown men gets too sucked-up on these kinds of shit when their name and credibility are on the line.

But just the same, it's pure entertainment for the rest of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment