Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Long Week

... it has been. My back is taking a beating these past few days. First off, I settled things with the boss. I'm not going to bore you with the details but after a rather lengthy Skype convo with the boss that was punctuated with much drama, indignation, vindication and absolution, we patched things up and decided to move on. There. We're back on the game, yes, we are.

I find myself busy with work most of the time. The bulk of work I do are done off my working hours but I don't mind. I like writing and I like knowing I got back-up articles in case another shitstorm come rolling my way.

Also, I have a side project. It fell on my lap, just like that, if can believe it. You see, an acquaintance of mine recommended me to her friend. This friend of hers is on the look-out for someone to do a bunch of company profile write-ups for this up and coming skin care clinic which I think will be located at Glorietta mall.

Firstly, I was ecstatic. This is something that I really wanted to try but didn't have the opportunity, 'till now of course. Though I can't figure out why, of all people, this acquaintnce of mine picked me instead of other writers she knows (she's a graphic artist, she has got to have contacts), I'm just glad for the opportunity. Another portfolio filler, whee!

So far, she loved my work. In fact, she wanted me to do several more articles for her other businesses. I'm looking forward to it even though it'll be the first time I'd handle something like this.

Finally, I'm so glad that I finally figured out the two software programs that the boss wanted me to learn. I'm so relieved about that because I don't want to be one of the other things he had to worry about. So there.My week was spent writing day in and day out. I wish I could take a break tomorrow since it's a Sunday but I'd probably do some more write-ups for work. I know I'm pushing myself too hard but I guess I just have this insane habit of doing work even when I don't have to. Haaay.

No comments:

Post a Comment