Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Feels Like 1999 All Over Again

I'm having the strangest year so far. It's just like what the title says, it feels like it's 1999 all over again. One of my resolutions for this year includes reconnecting with old friends and it's like, I opened a damn portal or something because people from my High School days keeps springing from out of the blue. The last person who came to say Hi is a boy named Alden. He called me up a few minutes after I arrived at the office. Besides the fact that he was known for the lengthy wooing he did to a common friend, I remember him best as a quiet sort of guy with sparkling eyes. Actually, I can dimly recall a conversation I had with this person about it, that's how noticeable his eyes were but I digress. He and my friend became an item but the romance fizzled out right after our senior year.

I found our conversation strange because first, I haven't heard from him in like, a couple of years thanks to my sudden sabbatical back when I was still a neurotic mess and second, it was an overseas call. The strangest part of it all? He called all the way from the Middle East just to ask me if I have a Friendster account and asked for my IM ID.

Hmmm...strange indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment