Monday, January 19, 2009

Night Shift and Morning Madness

How come early mornings are so dull? Like, everything's moving in such a slow motion ala Matrix-like pace? I hated early mornings back when I was still in the morning shift and though I should be glad when the dawn breaks now that I'm in the night shift, I'm still hating it. Everything's so damn bright, everyone's so freakin' cheerful, it's so noisy as people try to beat the morning rush, it's crazy. The thought that most most morning shift people I see on the streets have already taken their bath while I reek of day old cigarette smoke smell, smog and greasy food really renews my hate of the night shift.

To make matters worse, I've been overeating. Dammit. Like I haven't suffer enough? Why is life so freakin' unfair?! I'm gonna have a bitch fit!

Hahaha, okay. I jest, I jest. But seriously, I'm half-wishing something can be done real soon because I can't even to begin to think what will happen if I stay like this. Ugh, so frustrating.

On a totally unrelated note, I tried cooking myself some fried oysters yesterday morning. I mean, how hard can it be right? I got the egg batter, flour with a dash of salt, pepper and paprika, all I had to do was to simply dip the oysters into the egg batter down to the flour fry it to a crisp and then there's my morning breakfast, no? WELL. Halfway through frying the whole thing, it turned into this disgusting gray mulch which looked so yucky. Of course, I had to taste my creation and guess what? It tasted as bad as it looked. It was so godawful that I immediately stopped cooking the rest of the oysters, threw everything in the garbage and re-heated my mom's adobo instead. Easy-peasy pooh.

No comments:

Post a Comment