Sunday, January 18, 2009

Revisiting an Old Haunt

feeks4181



I decided to take a long walk a couple of days ago. Most of the time, I walk alone not because I like it but because I don't have much of a choice. That particular time, however, I kept thinking that it was such a nice night and I wanna go for a nice stroll around parts of the city I haven't been in. So there I was, walking slowly at eight in the evening, shivering from the unusually cold air and suddenly, I wanted to eat. Actually, as soon as I set foot on that particular avenue, I made up my mind to stop at Pancake House because it's been so long since the last time I ate there. It was more or less 8 months ago and I was with Peter and Roschie. Hay, I kinda miss those days.

So anyways, I was floored with how much their menu changed in only a few months! Their steak meals suddenly grew into different cuts, all mouth-watering, there were new desserts and shakes which unfortunately, I didn't bother trying since I was sort of trying not to overindulge. I blame my recent shopping spree with my sister, hawhaw. I settled for the roast beef combo because firstly, I needed the meat and second, I needed the roughage.

The photo looked absolutely scrumptious! It kinda stood out among the rest of the food. However, that was the only thing remotely scrumptious in this meal. I was disappointed because the meat tasted dry and papery, the gravy was as bland as they come and the rice was a bit dry as well. I gotta say though, the salad that came with it was awesome. The lettuce was crunchy and there were loads of bacon bits and light dressing which tasted great and helped me down the whole thing without paying too much attention to the tasteless beef that came with the meal. The best part was, the whole meal comes with a glass of iced tea, yay! Overall, I had a great time revisiting an old haunt and I shall drop by again in the near future but next time, I'll probably try the steak instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment