Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Year In Review: 2008


New Year, New Soul


I read that phrase in a daily and though I forgot who the author was, I share the same sentiment. I think it makes perfect sense. Whenever the New Year comes, a part of me always wishes for some changes in my life, to be a better version of myself and I don't suppose I'm the only one who feels this way.


2008 was a hell of a year for me and not in a good way. I had to deal with all sorts of ruckus and just the mere thought of the year gone by triggers my migraine. Of course, the fact that both CannedThoughts.net and OffbeatDeadBeat.com are all but gone by the end of December, served as the icing to this horrid, miserable cake that was 2008.


Dealing with the new sites, asking countless favors and worrying how the fuck was I supposed to retrieve two years' worth of blog posts, most definitely highlighted how miserable I was during this time. But now, seeing how lovely my new site came along (all thanks to my good friend, Ratzingerjoe, who hooked me up with just about everything I needed to get back on track) was just elating. Hell, this is so much better than the old one, so who am I to complain?


Also, I love the fact that none of my friends know about this site. It's... a secret site, y'all! Hahaha! No, really, I'm stoked that none of the people from my circle knows about this site because that means more privacy for me and friends are less inclined to copy+paste quotations from my blogs and asking me about it on IM, something which I totally abhor.


Anyway, I headed up north for the holidays and had a great time. So great in fact, that I absolutely hated the idea of going back to the metro to pick up where I left off. I’m also almost sorry that Christmas, which is like, my favorite time of the year, is over. God, now I have to wait 12 months for the holidays to come along. It's so sad.


feeks339



The room in question

The great thing about having a lengthy vacation was that I not only ate decent food, something I haven't had for a long time, but also having a massive amount of time, I was able to finally clean up my dusty, cobwebs-ridden bedroom! From dusty drab to awesome in all of its pink glory, my bedroom finally looked like someone was actually using it.


feeks317



The cute kid in question

Going home also meant that I get to spend more time with my five-year-old brother, which I totally adore. I miss him like crazy now, ugh. My high school friends also came over to our house. These guys and I go way back and I was so happy that we could finally reconnect and reminisce about our crazy adolescent years!


feeks260



The sluts in question

So to wrap it all up, 2008 will go down my personal history as a train wreck offa freakin’ year and I’m not sorry to see it go. In fact, I lit up one firecracker after another in celebration of it getting the fuck out of everyone’s life.


Great. Writing about folks from home made me miss everyone, even my dumb as fuck, air-head of a cousin.

No comments:

Post a Comment