Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Vacation

After one and a half days of allowing myself to wallow in self pity over another rut I got myself in, I can now officially declare that I'm over the drama. That's right, 'twas fast huh? That's the great thing about sensing things are about to go coco fucking bananas months beforehand, folks.

I watched the news last night and as it turns out, I was actually part of a growing statistic. Filipinos are all getting laid off all over the world. I know it's gonna sound bad but for a moment there, I was glad I wasn't alone on this. It's sad but hell, some people are probably faring much worse than this shit I'm in so thinking about that, I felt less angry.

I was thinking about shitload of things last night. Like, I realized I've been working non-stop for almost five years now and maybe it's high time I give myself some slack. How it would be nice to go home and reconnect with people from my home town, that maybe I should use this time to go ahead with my plans to put up a business or try my luck abroad. Gosh, so many things are running inside my frazzled brain that I was at it until three in the morning (yes, my body clock is still fucking my shit up).

I'll be on vacation, yes I will. I've been feeling the burn out since the middle of last year and hopefully when I get back I'll have better perspective on things. I plan to head north once again and just  get away from the stress, even for a while.

Also, some people from the office said their good-byes. I have to admit it was a nice run and being able to say good-bye without feeling angry anymore was the best way to go. I'm keeping a stiff upper lip as I move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment